Offer valid from 20th July - 19th August 2012
Don't know what to do with a case of Tiger? Get cooking of course. Choose from one of the fabulous winning Tiger Hero Recipes from Everards recent competition to find their Tiger Hero Recipe Masterchef of 2012
Here's the winning recipe.
Fillet of Beef with Tiger Beef sauce
IngredientsTiger beef sauce
- 1×500ml bottle Tiger Best Bitter
- 450ml good beef stock
- 1 med. carrot diced
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/2 stick celery diced
- 1/2 med. onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- Butter & flour
- 4 x fillet steaks cut and trimmed 8cm across x 4cm deep
- Olive oil 1tbl spoon
- crouton bread cut same size as steak 1.5cm thick
- stilton pate
- 50g of good local stilton
- 50g cream cheese
- 1kg of maris piper potatoes
- 200g sweet potato
- 300ml double cream
- 1x crushed garlic
- 1x bay leaf
- 1x pinch nutmeg
- Trimmed carrots
- French green beans
- Celery cut julienne
InstructionsTo make Potato Pave (Try to cook this the day before)
1) Gently boil the cream add the crushed garlic bay leaf and a pinch of nutmeg just for a few minutes then set aside.
2) Peel the potato including the sweet and finely slice.
3) Get a square or oblong dish big enough for at least 4 portions at 4 – 5cm deep,
line with butter then line with foil and butter foil.
4) Mix the sliced potato in the cream mixture to coat then layer out in the dish seasoning as the layers build with a layer of sweet potato through the middle, foil over the top place in oven with heavy object to weight down cook for 1 1/2 hours at 180c.
5) Allow to cool, Refrigerate for 4 hours, turn out and remove foil and cut into neat portions.Set aside.
To make Tiger Beef sauce
1) Add all ingredients in pan ( excluding butter and flour )boil until reduced by half turn off heat.
2) Put the prepared veg on to boil
3) Heat frying pan with metal handle on high heat
4) Use olive oil direct on to steaks with seasoning,put straight into pan 2 mins each side, then put pan into oven at 220 c for 10 – 15 mins depending rare to med
5) Put sliced potato in oven as steak is cooking to warm through.
6) Remove steak put on plate to rest,
7) Put pan on low heat and use as much tiger beef mixture as required and roll knob of butter with flour and then add in to sauce to thicken.
To make croutons
1) mix together stilton and cream cheese to a smooth mixture.
2) Then fry bread in butter, take care not to burn
To serve the dish
1) Set out warm plates and put crouton on topped with stilton pate
2) Put a portion of potato on each plate and vegetables on side
3)Place steak on crouton, with the all Important Tiger Beef sauce over the steak to finish and enjoy!